Data Privacy Statement
6. Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website in order to promote our company in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Pg. 1 of the GDPR. The commercial purpose behind this is recognized as a legitimate interest according to the GDPR. The responsibility for use conforming to data privacy standards lies with each individual provider. The embedding of these plug-ins has been done with the two-click method to protect visitors of our website as much as possible.
Social media plug-ins from Facebook are used on this website in order to more personalize its use. To that end, we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” buttons. This is offered by Facebook.
When you access one of our web pages with such a plug-in, your browser creates a direct connection with Facebook’s servers. The content from Facebook will be transmitted directly to your browser and embedded in the website.
When this embedding by the plug-in occurs, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the particular web page, even if you do not have a Facebook profile or if you are not logged into Facebook at the time. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged into Facebook at the time, Facebook can collate your visit to our website directly with your Facebook account. When you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking on the “LIKE” or “SHARE” buttons, that information is transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information will also be published on Facebook and shown to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for advertising purposes, market research and the appropriate designing of their Facebook pages. Facebook will use it to create profiles quantifying usage, interests and relationships, for example to evaluate the use of our website in connection with the Facebook advertisements you see on their site, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on Facebook and to provide other services which are connected to Facebook.
If you do not wish Facebook to collate the collected data from your visit to our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before you visit our website.
You can find more information about the purpose and extent of the data collection and further processing and use of this data by Facebook as well as your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy in Facebook’s Data Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Plug-ins from the short message network Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated into our website. You can recognize the Twitter plug-ins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of the tweet buttons can be found here: (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons)
When you access a page of our website which has one of these plug-ins, a direct connection is built between your browser and the Twitter server. Through this connection, Twitter receives information that you have visited our site with your IP address. When you click on the Twitter “tweet-button” while you’re logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our web pages to your user account. However, please note that we as the website provider do not receive knowledge of the specific data transmitted nor of how it is used on Twitter.
If you do not wish that Twitter can collate your visit to our site, please log out of your Twitter account before visiting our site.
You can find more information about this in Twitter’s data privacy statement (https://twitter.com/privacy).
We also use so-called social plugins from Instagram on our site which are provided and run by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”).
These plug-ins are designated by an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram camera”.
When you access a page on our website with one of these plug-ins, your browser builds a connection with Instagram’s servers. The content of the plug-in is transferred directly to your browser and embedded into our web page. Through this connection, Instagram receives information that your browser has accessed the specific web page on our website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not logged into your Instagram account at the time.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to an Instagram server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged into your Instagram account at the time, Instagram can directly collate your visit to our website with your Instagram account. When you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking on the “Instagram” button, this information will be transmitted directly to an Instagram server and stored there.
Additionally, the information will be published to your Instagram account and shown to your Instagram contacts.
If you do not wish for Instagram to directly collate the data collected from our website, you must first log out of Instagram before visiting our website.
You can find more information about this in Instagram’s data privacy statement: (https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388).
7. Rights of persons affected
You have the right:
- To request information from about personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR. Specifically, you can request information about the purposes of the data processing, the categories of personal data, the planned duration of storage, the existence of the rights to correction, deletion, limitation or denial of processing, the existence of the right of complaint, the source of your data (so long as it was not collected by us), as well as about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and significant information about their details;
- To request the prompt correction or completion of your personal data stored by us according to Art. 16 of the GDPR;
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored by us according to Art. 17 of the GDPR, as long as the data processing is not required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of legal duties, for reasons of public interest or enforcement, or for the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To request the limitation of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 of the GDPR, to the extent that the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, you do not wish the data to be deleted and we no longer need the data, you require the data for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have entered an objection to the data processing according to Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- To request that you receive your personal data that you have provided us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or that this information be sent to another permitted party according to Art. 20 of the GDPR;
- To rescind the single instance of your consent according to Art. 7 Para. 3 of the GDPR. This will result in us no longer being allowed to further process data affected by this consent, and
- To complain to a controlling institution according to Art. 77 of the GDPR. Normally this can be done at the local controlling institution of your place of domicile, place of employment or our company headquarters.
8. Right of objection
To the extent that your personal data has been processed on the basis of legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of this personal data according to Art. 21 of the GDPR so long as there are reasons relating to your particular circumstance or relating to objection to direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right to objection without needing to submit a particular circumstance implemented by us.
If you would like to make use of the right of objection or the right of rescission, an email written to email@example.com will suffice.
9. Data security
Within our website structure, we utilize the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security feature together with the highest current levels of encryption supported by your browser. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will revert back to 128-bit v3 encryption technology. If a page on our website is transmitted as encrypted, you can recognize this by the depiction of a closed lock or key symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from incidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or total loss or destruction and from unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved based on the current technological development.
10. Timeliness and amendments to this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is current and was last updated in May 2018.